Scenic Rim WalkProduct ID : 216MT3724
Scenic Rim Walk
Scenic rim walk is a trip of great walks of Australia.Set in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range just outside Brisbane, and surrounded by World Heritage.Book scenic rim walk to view the stunning mountains ,ridges, escarpments, forests and ancient volcanic plateaus of South East Queensland’s.
- Day 1Brisbane CityWalk Mt Mitchell Plateau - 13KMBeginning in Brisbane we depart around 7am for the drive to the start of the trail near Cunninghams Gap, South West of Brisbane. A gently winding 5km ascent brings you to the twin peaks of Mt Mitchell, an extinct volcano named in 1828 by botanist and explorer Allan Cunningham in honour of the Surveyor-General Thomas Mitchell. The walk takes in sheer cliff faces and breathtaking views over the Scenic Rim and Fassifern Valley and offers the opportunity to discover local wildlife and plant species along the way. Enjoy a light lunch immersed in the cool rainforest on the summit. For the remaining 8 kilometre journey to Spicers Canopy, you will travel along our exclusive trails on Spicers private property. By now, the rainforest is long gone, and you are walking through a vast dry eucalypt forest until you reach Millarvale Creek where you will have a brief stop for afternoon tea. Keeping your eyes peeled for wallabies, you will cross open woodland forest to Spicers Canopy at around 4pm. A warm welcome from our Camp Host and onsite Chef await along with freshly made afternoon tea and cold beverages. There is now time to unwind, relax in a bean bag, take a dip in the hot tub and have a hot shower before meeting your group back in the main lodge for your chef-prepared and locally sourced evening meal. show less.. show more..
- Day 2Brisbane CityRiver Loop 6.5 kmA relaxing day spent exploring the nooks and crannies of Millar Vale Creek. Setting off after a hearty breakfast, your guide will introduce you to the rich local history of the area, which is believed to have been the original route for indigenous traders passing across the Great Dividing Range from inland Australia to the coast. Throughout the day you’ll have the chance to learn more about the local flora and fauna, including koalas, kangaroos, wallabies and a wide range of colourful and occasionally noisy birdlife. On your return to Spicers Canopy you can enjoy a host of on-site activities, or simply wind down by the fireside. show less.. show more..
- Day 3Brisbane CityExplore Spicers Peak - 15kmFollow in the footsteps of the early settlers and see a part of Queensland that even today only a handful of people have been lucky enough to experience. The trail leads through the dense rainforest of Spicers Peak, complete with giant ferns and awe-inspiring 1,000-year-old hoop pines, before opening out to reveal panoramic views of Spicers Gap and the Great Dividing Range. From here we congratulate each other on completion of the walk at the top of the mountain and then walk as a group to our rest stop at Spicers Peak Lodge, where refreshing towels and beverages will be waiting for you. Cheers to finishing the walk, before you are all transferred back down to Spicers Canopy to enjoy your final night on with us on the Scenic Rim Trail. The celebratory dinner is your chance to relish in the achievement of the last three days and cement the lasting friendships forged out of a shared experience. show less.. show more..
- Day 4Brisbane CityDeparture day.Enjoy your last breakfast with us in the main lodge at Spicers Canopy at approximately 8:00am, after which the Scenic Rim Trail team will collect your bags and transfer you either back to the starting point to pick up your vehicle or back to Spicers Balfour Hotel in Brisbane. Scenic rim walk tour gives you best view of locations inn Australia,be a part of this great scenic tour to explore the best Australian locations. show less.. show more..
- Three nights twin accommodation at exclusive luxury eco-camp
- Gourmet meals throughout the 4 days
- All beverages throughout the 4 days
- Accommodation in Perth before and after the trip
- Travel insurance
- Transfers from Perth available ($500 pp return)
- Items of a personal nature
All reviews (4)
A tremendous 3 day walk, with 2 nights staying at Spicers Canopy - the epitome of "glamping". Fantastic surrounding and amazing customer service. We had a really brilliant time. The food was really top notch and (overly) plentiful and the tents were really spacious, cool and serviced regularly.
We were a group of 10 ladies and had so much fun. The hike is excellent, with the third day being the highlight of the walks. The guides are informative, helpful and friendly. The whole experience was first class, efficient booking procedure, transport was easy, the equipment they provide is top notch, the tents are gorgeous, if a little chilly at night, but the wonderful beds and linen keep you very snug.
A fantastic few days bush walking through the stunning Spicers scenic rim landscape, exploring a variety of terrain from dense rainforest, eucalyptus canopies and farmland. Our fabulous guides were nature enthusiasts and had a great knowledge of the flora, fauna and wildlife in the area.
Scenic Rim Trail and Spicers Canopy - Combining fabulous scenery of mountains, varieties of trees - including sub-tropical, eucalypt and alpine - and wonderful food prepared on site by your own chef with accompanying wines and drinks, it is truly a great experience.We were very ably guided by Abbie and Chantelle who are very knowledgeable and have the ability to make each walk an interesting learning experience, not a lecture.