7 Days Roopkund TrekProduct ID : 213AV5723
Select Your Preferred Date
7 Days Roopkund Trek
The Roopkund trail is a classic case of experiencing both, the beauty and the beast.Roopkund is a glistening lake located in a depression which is mostly covered in snow all year round Bhagubasa. Wonderful Roopkund trek for 7 days. Be a part of this trek to make the best memories for your life time.
- Day 1HaldwaniKathgodam - LohajungStarting our journey with a meet & greet at Kathgodam railway station at 7:00 a.m. It’s from here where you start with your adventure by boarding a vehicle to Lohajung. Be sure to look out the windows in this long albeit interesting ride, so you don’t miss out on the mesmerising landscapes. Driving along beautiful Kumaon mountains via Almora and Kausani, we’ll reach the Garhwal region and continue to drive upto Lohajung where we’ll check into guesthouses/ tents and prepare for a fun filled evening with new friends and delight conversations. show less.. show more..
- Day 2HaldwaniLohajung - DidnaStarting our first leg of the trek, we begin via gradual terrain through enchanting forests abundant in bird life to Dedina village. Coming across some breath-taking crystal clear streams, be prepared to experience the ‘Himalayan Bite’, the sting that you get from cold streams. Here you’ll get a chance to walk for 4-5 hours, a mix between uphill and downhill, through a couple of villages to appreciate a lifestyle typical of the terrain. You will set up camp at a campsite near Didana village getting full view of the trail for tomorrow leading to the famous Ali & Bedni bugyals (meadows) show less.. show more..
- Day 3HaldwaniDidna - Bedni BugyalBe prepared for the steady ascent through thick oak forests leading to alpine grazing meadows named Ali Bugyal. It’s a super place for taking in the views of unending vistas in all directions, be sure to bring a book to enjoy the serenity of the Trishul Peak to the fullest. From here on you will walk on a moderate gradient till Bedni bugyal camping site providing you with vast open views and grazing pastures all around, close views of the Trishul & Nanda Ghunti peaks. show less.. show more..
- Day 4HaldwaniBedni Bugyal - BhaguwasaYou’ll begin the day with climbing up the slopes of the meadow up to the ridge on top leading to the shrine at Kalu Vinayak. Look out for some fabulous views of Neelkanth, Chaukhamba & Hathi peaks. Expect to find some rocky terrain and partially covered snow paths from here onwards. Reaching our desolated campsite of Bhugubasm you might feel out of breath due to the high altitude, however it gets comfortable eventually. Spend the night among snow covered peaks and beautiful views. show less.. show more..
- Day 5HaldwaniBhaguwasa - Roopkund - Johrangali - Patal NauchaniyaBe prepared for a day full of adventure and frolic. Starting out in the morning, we’ll ascend for 2.5-3 hrs, climbing through moraine, rock gardens and snow patches to reach the periphery of the mystery lake. Your stamina is sure to be tested in these steep terrains. It’ be a good idea to read up about the mysterious skulls and bones found around the lake which makes it even more mysterious.Some say the these bones in such large numbers can be attributed to a massive hailstorm which, centuries ago, caught many pilgrims’ by surprise. You’ll enjoy some spectacular views from here so don’t forget to capture some shots. From here, with the help of guides, you’ll be given an option of climbing the ridge, Jurangali (20 mins). You spend some time here taking pictures and then retrace your steps to Patal Nauchaniya which will be our walk down with overnight in tents. show less.. show more..
- Day 6HaldwaniPatal Nauchaniya - Bedni Bugyal - WanWe will eventually trek down through the beautiful meadows, jungles of pine, rhododendron & oak to reach Wan, a village you’re sure to fall in love with. Enjoy the day rejuvenating and visiting the village sites such as the village temple. This is when our trek will come to a close when we board the vehicles and drive down to camp/lodge at Lohajung. show less.. show more..
- Day 7HaldwaniWan - KathgodamAfter a scrumptious breakfast, we drive down to Kathgodam and this is where our trip comes to a close. Beautiful Roopkund trek ends here with indeed memories.
- All Taxes
- Professional Guide
- Camping Equipments
- Forest Fee
- First aid and Medical Kit
Select Price Category
All reviews (5)
Roopkund, a small skeleton Lake in Uttarakhand is a very beautiful location in the mighty himalayas. The lake itself has so much of stories and myth related to it makes a place to visit. And yes you do see skeletons in the lake. apart from the lake its about the climbing experience towards the lake and the heights you reach at.
The trek was a crazzy experience. it was kind of my first Proper himalayas trek i did. while climbing the height, you come across so many lovely places and mesmerising views of the valley and the snow capped mountains around you.So dont worry if you are first timer you will still love it!! Cheers!! go and explore!!
i have experience such a wonderful time in uttarakhand this is really memorable trip i have ever had everything at it best .
It takes a 5-day trek from Lohajung to reach this gorgeous lake at an altitude of 15,696 ft. The initial trials of the trek are demanding, but the very sight of this lake on the summit day makes you realize that all the effort was worth it ! We had been to Roopkund in Jun 2016 and could witness the frozen beauty amidst the snow ! If you choose Oct or Nov you might not get a chance to see the snow.
Trekking 500m further up from the lake will take you to Junargali pass which gives you breathtaking sights of the mighty Himalayan mountains
It was one of the wonderful experience. The guides were down to earth and helped us in every situation. The team were so punctual and stuck to the timeline they had provided to us. The food was amazing and the overall experience was beyond words.
The trekking experience was great. I had a really really fun filled trek. The beautiful surrounding, the bird’s eye view of the place, and everything else added more beauty to the travel experience. the roopkund was mostly frozen, and when we went close you could actually see the skeltons on the bed of the lake. oThis trip is something that I can never ever forget the final climb to roopkund was very difficult and tedious but it was worth it. I totally loved this trek. I wish I could take more such treks in the future