16 Days Mera Peak ClimbingProduct ID : 213AV5444
Select Your Preferred Date
16 Days Mera Peak Climbing
16 days Mera Peak climbing is the highest trekking peak in the world! Only the last part of the peak needs little climbing experience which we teach you during our training. From the top you can see 5 highest peaks in the world, Mount Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, Makalu and Kanchenjunga.
- Day 1KathmanduKathmanduYour arrival date in Kathmandu the capital city of Nepal and gateway to world’s top mountains. Upon your arrival at the airport we will pick you up and take you to our hotel. Your permits and other things are pre-arranged before your arrival therefore you are free to roam around or do some shopping. We will have a group briefing on the same day and we will convey the timing and you are requested to be present at that time (mostly in the evening). In the briefing session we will brief you about the trek and give you all required information. show less.. show more..
- Day 2KathmanduFly to LuklaWe will start in the morning to the Kathmandu domestic terminal to get our mountain flight till Lukla. Kathmandu to Lukla flight offers one of the most amazing flying experiences in the world! From a distance you can see many high Himalayan peaks including Mt. Everest. The most amazing views below are of the mountain villages which looks stunning from the plane. As this plane cannot fly very high, most of the surroundings are visible very clearly. After 30-35 minutes of breathtaking flight we will land at Lukla airstrip, which is considered as one of the most dangerous airports in the world! After arrival in Lukla we will meet our support team who will greet us from the airport. It’s a free day for you so you can explore the colorful Lukla market and surroundings. show less.. show more..
- Day 3KathmanduLukla to chuthangaAfter the breakfast our porters will taken care of your main luggage till your return to Lukla and after a small briefing with our main Guide we will start for our trek to today’s destination Chuthanga. The trek from Lukla to Chuthanga is of moderate difficulty level and takes 4 hours to reach, most of the trail is up-hill till our destination. During the trek you will get excellent view of Himalayan peaks and on your back you can see Lukla village which looks stunning from the top. After arriving at Chuthanga you will check in to our Tea House. Chuthanga is a small place and only 1 proper tea house is available and facilities are very basic. show less.. show more..
- Day 4Kathmanduchuthanga to Kharki ThangaToday’s trek will be very short; it takes only 3 hours to reach our destination. Entire trail is up-hill hike till Kharki Thanga. From Chuthanga the trail looks endless as it’s a steep hike till our destination, also the high mountain appears un-scalable from the below but the trek is not so strenuous. To being with we will cross a small stream on a wooden bridge. After the stream we will to go up-hill between rhododendron forests for a long distance. Before arrival at our destination all the trees will be vanished and we enter a tree less place. Kharki Thanga is situated on a flat ground amidst mountains. Our Tea house is also very basic in this place. Today we all will sleep in a big room as this place doesn’t have separate rooms. show less.. show more..
- Day 5KathmanduKharki Thanga to Chatra KholaToday we will start early in the morning as we need to cross Zatrwa-La pass(4,600 meters) which is visible from our tea house. Once we start, the trail will be steep up-hill till the mountain pass. This part of today’s trek in strenuous and requires 2.5 to 3 hours to reach on the top. We will spend 20 minutes on the top before proceeding further with our next hike till Chatra Khola. After the mountain pass we will have a moderate trek till a place with Stupas and prayer flags. On the way the view is really stunning on our right hand side. You can see a small mountain village which is visible clearly from a distance. After we reach the prayer flags place then the entire trail is downhill till Chatra Khola. Overnight Stay in a Tea house. show less.. show more..
- Day 6KathmanduChatra Khola to KotheToday also we will start early in the morning and start towards Kothe. Today’s trek is moderate trek as most of the trail is downhill. Beginning of today’s trek goes with lot of ups and downs then the trail goes fully downhill amidst rhododendron forests till Taktho, where we will have lunch. After getting down to Taktho you can find yourself in tree line. After our Lunch we will go amidst the dense forest till Kothe. At times we will get down to the river bed today. The trail is really beautiful and you can see a lot of big old pine trees along the way. This part of today’s trek is most enjoyable and as a trekker you will love the trail. We can see Makalu Baron national park gate just before entering to Kothe. Kothe is a small and beautiful settlement for trekkers full of Tea Houses. We will check in to our Tea House upon our arrival. show less.. show more..
- Day 7KathmanduKothe to ThangnakToday’s trek is also a moderate trek till Thangnak. Most of the trail goes on the river bed. We can see Mera peak from the trail and few other peaks. Initial part of the trek is really beautiful before entering to the river bed. Once you enter the river bed, most of the trail goes between rocks. We will reach our Lunch point after 3 hours of our trek. Our lunch place is a tiny tea house situated on the middle of nowhere. After the lunch we will start our trek towards Thangnak. On the way you can see a beautiful small Monastery situated on your left side. We will visit the Monastry and take the blessing before proceeding further. After Monastery the trail is almost flat till Thangnak. Thangnak is a place that has many Tea Houses. It’s a flat river bed below to a mountain. Stay in a Tea House in Thangnak. show less.. show more..
- Day 8KathmanduThangnak to KhareToday’s trek is also a moderate trek. Once we start we will go for an up-hill hike then the trail is completely flat. We get really magnificent views once we start the hike especially when we are on the ascent.We can see a hanging glacier on our left which looks stunning from the trail. After the initial hike the trail is mostly flat till a Tea House. After the tea house again it’s an up-hill hike for a distance then the trail gradually goes up till Khare. Khare is a settlement for trekkers and climbers and full of Tea houses. We will stay in a Tea House. show less.. show more..
- Day 9KathmanduKhare Acclimatization Day and Pre-Climbing trainingToday we will wake up and be ready by 8 AM. After the breakfast we will go for a small hike to a nearby mountain for acclimatisation. We will scale till 5, 500 meters and spend 30 minutes on the top and then get down to our Tea House. After lunch we will take little rest, then we will go for our training. We have a training place nearby where we will learn basic mountaineering and return to the Tea House. After training it’s complete rest for the day. show less.. show more..
- Day 10KathmanduKhare to Mera High CampToday we will start really early in the morning as today’s trek is long and strenuous. Initial part of the trail is rocky then it’s icy, snowy till the high camp. Till the Mera base camp we will trek with our regular trekking shoes and after that we will need proper climbing shoes with crampon to reach the high camp. We will reach the snowline in 3 hours of up-hill trek then it’s fully icy trail till high camp. We need to rope ourselves if required. If you have a good quality comfort climbing shoe you can wear it from our Tea house itself. But if you are hiring a shoe from Khare then you need to wear it from the snowline as rental shoes are mostly plastic Scarpa climbing shoe and it’s very difficult to wear those shoe in normal trail. Beginning part of the snowline is very stiff then it is gradually inclined till the high camp. From the snowline till high camp is strenuous. We have tented accommodation in high camp. High camp is a very windy and cold place. Night stay in a tent. show less.. show more..
- Day 11KathmanduMera High Camp to SummitFinal day of our expedition. We will wake up and be ready by 2AM then start our hiking to Mera. Today’s hike is also equally and more strenuous than the yesterday’s hike. Initial hike will not be much strenuous as you will hike in the dark but once the day light comes it may feel tough as you can see the slopes. After lot of ups and downs we will reach our final destination. Our guides will fix the rope for final ascent. Once you reach on the top it will be your best day of your life time. You can see many high mountain peaks like Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga and many more. After taking summit photos we will get down to the high camp. The hike from the Summit to high camp is fully descent and easy. Once we reach high camp we will have our breakfast and then descent to Khare. High camp to Khare is fully downhill which will be easy. The only difficult part is the last part of the snowline as it is a really steep descent. Tonight you will get the best sleep of your life after such strenuous expedition. show less.. show more..
- Day 12KathmanduKhare to KotheToday we will start by 8 AM and reach Kothe which will take 5-6 hours and the trail will be flat or downhill. We will have lunch on the way and follow the same trail till Kothe.
- Day 13KathmanduKothe to Chatra Khola
- Day 14KathmanduChatra Khola to LuklaToday we will start early and reach in7 – 8 hours. Initial part of the trek is fully up-hill then it’s ups and downs till Zatrwa-La pass. Once we cross the pass it will be completely downhill till Lukla. Once you get down from the pass you can see the Lukla valley from the top. We will eat our Lunch in Chuthanga and then trek down to Lukla. show less.. show more..
- Day 15KathmanduFly to KathmanduToday we will fly back to Kathmandu after a magnificent expedition. It will be the same mountain flight and it will take 30-35 minutes to reach Kathmandu. After arrival we will pick you and take you to the hotel. It’s the celebration time and you can celebrate your achievement in one of the many places in Thamel street. show less.. show more..
- Day 16KathmanduDeparture
- Airport pickups and drops.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek.
- Tented accommodation during the climb.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) on climbing day.
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary.
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu).
- Certified experienced trekking guide (leader), climbing guide (leader) and assistant guides.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation.
- All necessary permits, trekking permits and Mera Peak climbing permit, national park permit.
- Group Climbing Gears (Rope, Crampon).
- All government and local taxes
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Food and drinking water throughout the trip, except climbing days
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem
- Nepalese visa fee
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s)
Need to Know Before You Go
Items to bring with you:
- Ice axe.
- Tape slings (2)
- Screwgate karabiners (2 lock, 2 unlock).
- Descender/eight figure.
- Plastic mountaineering boots.
- Trekking Bag.
- UV Protected Sun Glasses.
- Best Quality Hiking Shoes (Preferably Water Proof).
- Trekking Poles.
- Crocs Shoes/sandal.
- Water disinfection Drops / Tablets.
- Knapsack / Backpack / Rucksack.
- Good jacket to protect from cold.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Thermals – Top and Bottom.
- Poncho (for rain).
- Knee Cap 1 Pair.
- 1 quick drying towel.
- Sun blocks (SPF 50 and above) and Lip Salve with Sun blocks.
- Toilet Paper.
- Wet-Tissue Papers/ Baby wipes.
- Headlamp, Torch with spare batteries.
- Trekking Socks.
- Gaiters for hiking in winter.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- 2 light weight trekking pants.
- 3 light weight trekking T-Shirt.
- 4 pairs trekking socks.
- Dry Fruits and Chocolates.
- Small, basic first aid kit(cough and/or cold medicine, headache pills etc.)
All reviews (5)
The fantastic scenery + warm welcome of the Nepali People together with the excellent and totally dedicated service provided by the staff, quality Food, equipment, support, care of the porters too. A very Professional company.Thanks to the entire crew and team for bearing me.
Reaching Mera peak summit, I thought I might not succeed with out the support of this team
Mountain Monarch Team were Great, we rally appreciated the great effort of everyone in our team
This was my second time with Mountain Monarch and like the last time I am very satisfied with my trek and with the team. Buddha and the other guides made my Mera Peak climb to something I always will remember.The whole team were fantastic, so helpful and service minded.The food was just great, delicious! Kalandra and his kitchen boys know how to cook. All of us managed to summit, and I am really happy about that
A Big thank to everyone at toours for the FIVE STAR outstanding service we received to the top of Mera Peak. An unforgettable experience with lots of happy memories! Thanks to the wonderful guide without you this isn't possible